- Applicant should fulfill the online application form completely. Once the form has been sent, the applicant is provided with a unique user ID and initial password. Keep the user ID and password securely.
- Confirmation of application: Re login to your personal page using the user ID and password, and confirm your application. If you wish, you can also change the password (recommended at your first login to keep your privacy and data security).
- Uploading the required documents : Upload the electronic files, and the scanned ones for the copy of passport, recommendation letters, photographs, etc.
- Pre-approval: Once all required documents are completed and received, the application will be shared to the Reviewers of Coordinating Team for the Approval of Foreign Research Permit (TKPIPA) in order to get approval. The visa application will be processed for Approved Applicant
- Once the visa authorization has been available at Indonesian Representatives abroad (Indonesian Embassy or Consulate General), the notification will be sent to you via email so that you are able to collect the visa C315 shortly.
General requirements :
All requirements below are based on the current official regulations (357.896 byte) for Foreign Researchers.
- A formal letter of request addressed to The Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education, f.d.t Director of Intelectual Property Management as Secretary of the Coordinating Team for Foreign Research Permit (TKPIPA). The letter should be stated clearly in which Indonesian Representatives (Embassy or Consulate General) abroad the applicant will collect the research visa number 315. The cc must be sent to the above mentioned Indonesian Embassy or Consulate General.
- One copy of research proposal contains at least: title, objectives, methodology, locations (districts, cities and provinces should be mentioned clearly), and duration of the research in Indonesia.
- One copy of abstract of the research proposal, containing the title, methodology, and objectives.
- One scanned copy of applicant’s passport (The passport must be valid at least for 18 months when the applicant collects the Research Visa number 315). It means applicant should hold the passport which the date of expiration is still valid at least for 18 months when the researcher is collecting the visa.
- One copy of the applicant’s curriculum vitae (CV) including a list of publications, if any. The position of the applicant in the institutional employment must be stated clearly, e.g.Professor, Researcher, Student, Research Assistant, Technician, etc.
- One copy of local counterpart’s Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications, if any
- One copy of applicant’s recent close up red background 4x6 cm size photograph
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and Implementing Arrangement or Letter of Agreement between applicant’s institution and Indonesian partner institutions (local counterpart) is needed if the research project will be multi years and involve many researchers or scientists, Letter of Agreement is enough if the research project period is less than 12 months;.
- Material Transfer Agreement (MTA), if applicant will send or bring research sample or specimen.
- Two letters of recommendation from: [a] professor or supervisor or other senior scientist and [b] official letter of recognition issued by the institution or university where the applicant works.;
- A letter of acceptance from Indonesian research institute or university which will act as the research counterpart. (The letter should be addressed to Director of Intelectual Property Management as Secretary of The Coordinating Team for Foreign Research Permit, Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education (Direktur Pengelolaan Kekayaan Intelektual selaku Sekretaris Tim Koordinasi Pemberian Izin Penelitian Asing (TKPIPA) Kementerian Riset,Teknologi dan PendidikanTinggi and It should be written in Bahasa Indonesia). For long term research collaboration, it is essential to arrange for agreement documents, such as Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), Implementing Arrangement and Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) between the researcher’s institution and the Indonesian counterpart’ institution if the researcher plans to take specimen or samples to be analysed either in his home country or in Indonesia;
- A letter of guaranteeing sufficient fund to cover research and living expenses during conducting research in Indonesia (The amount of the research funding(s) should be stated in US$). The Applicant should up load scanned copy of Bank Account with balance at least is USD 1,500.00 or in other currency equivalent to USD 1,500.00
- Health certificate from legal practising medical doctor stating that the applicant is both physically and mentally capable to conduct the research (optional).
- A list of research equipments that will be brought or imported to Indonesia, along brief technical specification and mention the estimated value for each equipment on the use should be stated in US$.
- If the Applicant plans to bring his/her spouse and dependents, he/she should submit the spouse’ CV; a copy of marriage certificate or other citizen partnership certificate, child (children) birth certificate(s), copies of his/her family passports, and 4 (four) recent close-up photographs of each family member.
All the above documents must be in soft copies and should be uploaded through online registration system via http://frp.ristekdikti.go.id/. If you face technical difficulty in uploading the soft file, the documents could be sent to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant should bring with him all hard copy documents when the applicant comes and reports his arrival at the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education (Ristekdikti) office in Jakarta. The applicant can not apply more than one research application in the same time.
All complete research application documents will be shared through Virtual Meeting of TKPIPA Application System to the competent reviewers in order to be reviewed. After receiving approval, the applicant will be contacted for visa application authorization arrangement through Immigration Head Quarters in Jakarta. For research permit application which is required more detailed discussion, it will be brought to the biweekly meeting of the Coordinating Team. The final decision will be taken in the meeting. For successful applicant, the visa will be further proceed and for disapproved applicant the formal letter of notification will be sent shortly.
Based on the Government Regulation Number 41 of 2006, the points of main considerations for research permit approval will be as follows :
- Bilateral/ Multilateral Relationship
- S&T Benefits
- Environmental Reservation
- Defense & Security
- Equal Partnership